Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Craving God's Presence

I have a book that I read from every morning and every night.  The title is Starting Your Day Right and Ending Your Day Right, by Joyce Meyer.  I’ve had it for several years and yet, every time I read from it, I it blesses me. 
A few days ago, the title was “Crave God’s Presence.”  That title is so befitting, because that is how I start every day; craving God’s presence. But, it’s not just craving His presence.  It’s craving His guidance and direction, His will, His love, His Spirit, and so much more.  
We put so much time and effort into getting the things we want or accomplishing the goals we want to achieve.  Yet, why don’t we put the same zeal and passion into our walk with God?  We should be that much more hungry, zealous, and passionate in our desire for God, relationship with God, and trust in God. May our daily desire and passion be to crave God’s presence.  
And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV
But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29 NKJV
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5 NKJV
How lovely is Your tabernacle,
O Lord of hosts!
2 My soul longs, yes, even faints
For the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Psalm 84:1-2 NKJV
As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God….Psalm 42:1-2 NKJV
Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore. Psalm 86:11-12 NKJV
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.  Matthew 6:33 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment