Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Miracles by Dali Castillo

     I recently read the book "Anna's Healing (Plain and Simple Miracles) by Vannetta Chapman.  Although it is a story of fiction, the story impacted me greatly, to the point that although I generally am quick to write a book review, this one took me quite some time.  The reason?  I kept playing one line of the book over an over in my head:  "Do you believe in miracles, child?"  Yes, that one line really impacted me.  It made me reflect long and hard.  Do I believe in miracles?  

     It really seemed like such a simple question for someone who has been a believer in God and in His Word all of her life.  All throughout the Bible we read miracle after miracle, all the way from the beginning to the end.  But, that was then and this is now.  Are the miracles only for Bible times? Growing up, I saw my own share of miracles.  And although we pray daily for miracles, do we really believe they still can happen?  Hmmm.  Something to think about, and if one is completely honest, how many people praying for miracles truly believe that miracles can happen?  Or is it just a formality?  Does it just go with the territory? 

     Well, if you're still doubting, here's one for you.  About the same time I finished reading Anna's Healing, I received word that a good friend of mine was ill.  She had fallen in the shower and broken a few ribs.  However, the next thing I heard was that her condition had worsened and she was hospitalized. The next news was that she was so ill that they were flying her to the University of Alabama hospital.  Needless to say, I began praying for her from the moment I heard what had happened.  I was not alone.  All of her family and friends were praying.  Her condition worsened even more.   She had since fallen into a coma and the prognosis was grim.  However, we kept praying.  Three days later I received the news.  My friend was recuperating, so much so, that she was preparing to go home.  Her daughter shared the news in the following manner, "On Monday we were planning a funeral.  By Thursday, we were preparing to take her home with us.  God has truly performed a miracle!"  
     
     So, there you have it.  The question was, "Do you believe in miracles, child?"  My answer is a very strong and definite, "Yes, I do! I absolutely do!"



4 comments:

  1. Dali, this is a beautiful and heartwarming testimony that Anna's Healing brought home to you. God blessed me and my husband as we each read the book, and I've experienced miracles in my own life. Thank you for sharing from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words, Nancee. The book really blessed me even before this occurred, but this really brought it home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a testimony. Blessings on you, Miss Dali and may your friend continue to recuperate.

    ReplyDelete